CPWF will be playing a prominent role at Stockholm World Water Week in 2012 (August 26-31, 2012). This year’s event is focused on food security. It is one of a number of major 2012 international events that CPWF will be participating in, and a key one where our researchers can directly contribute papers.
Stockholm International Water Institute (SIWI), the host, approached CPWF to be actively involved in a number of areas.
In January Alain Vidal, CPWF Director, was appointed as the appointed as the CGIAR representative on the Scientific Programme Committee of the SWWW for the next three years.
Some specific areas we will most likely be involved include:
1) We will be co-convening a workshop on “Rainfed production under growing rain variability: closing the yield gap” with CGIAR Research Program 5 on Water, Land and Ecosystems, IWMI, FAO and The Nebraska University Food Institute
2) We are also in discussions to be somehow involved in the following workshops:
* Workshop 3 on “Safeguarding global food security and life supporting ecosystems”
* Workshop 6 on “Towards a green economy – the water-food-energy nexus”
* Workshop 8 on “Governance for water and food security”
3) We will be sharing a booth most with IWMI and CRP5 and put together some communication campaign at this time focused on Food security and Water